Uchtspringe Hospital, Sachsen-Anhalt
Modification, renovation and extension
The Uchtspringe specialty hospital was opened in 1894, and is today, as a whole, of significant heritage value. In the course of extending its range of services, Building No. 6, a brickwork pavilion-style house, was modified.
The layout has the shape of a horseshoe which is subdivided into a central part and connecting mirror-image side parts. The two side wings were made longer, and the attic level was developed for use by the psychiatric and neurological departments, including functional diagnostics and outpatient sleep medicine.